LG Optimus Speed — LG Optimus 2x - Won't turn on or enter recovery mode, fully charged

• Replies:3
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 20, 2014, 11:21:54 PM via Website

Hi all, I've never posted on a tech forum before so forgive the language.

I've had my LG Optimus 2x for a year and a half and yesterday the volume stopped working. I would turn it up and it would stay on silent. I decided to restart the phone. Whoops. It hasn't turned on since yesterday. If I plug it into my wall charger and turn it on, it comes up with the battery screen and charges, it is fully charged. I can press the power button and it goes to the LG logo, but it won't go past that, and it will stay on the logo until I take the battery out. I have pressed power + volume down and the droid comes on and it looks like its going to reset and then it just shuts off again. I have tried power + volume up and it comes up with: "Recovery mode: This mode is for data backup at service center, please remove battery and place in again and power on to continue using device." So I can't even enter recovery mode -.-

Not sure where to go from here... My device is not rooted, and I just want to get a hold of some stuff in my internal memory, not crucial like photos or contacts, just stuff I'd like to have. Also, it is not recognized by my computer.

Thanks!

• Forum posts: 445

Jul 22, 2014, 12:13:40 PM via Website

Hey Kristen,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your device. I'm not sure how you can fix this, my only suggestion is to try a factory reset.

However, you will lose the internal memory "stuff" that you want to keep!! :(

Sooo I don't know if you want to keep searching for another solution. The problem is, because you can't rely start your device up, I'm not sure what other solutions are possible :/

Anyway. To do a factory reset:

When the phone is turned off, press and hold the Power + Volume down keys at the same time (for over ten seconds)

This should automatically perform a factory reset.

• Forum posts: 2

Jul 23, 2014, 7:46:50 PM via Website

Hi Scott, as I said in my post, I can't do a factory reset. "I have pressed power + volume down and the droid comes on and it looks like its going to reset and then it just shuts off again."

• Forum posts: 445

Jul 25, 2014, 9:51:37 AM via Website

Ooooooh. Shoot. :(

Well then it appears that there is nothing more you can do from a software side of things, and the next step would be to attempt something internal, but it's not something I could offer any advice on.

Have you took it to your network/carriers store to see what they have to say?